COLLABORATION PROTOCOL AGREEMENT
It is a main objective of the Bilateral Tourism and Tertiary Board of the province of Venice to support the associated enterprises to re-open in conditions of health and safety against SARS-CoV-2 infection – both for what concerns work environments and working methods – in order to protect workers and customers as well. In this emergency situation, a partnership was developed between:
- BGN (German Social Insurance Institute against accidents at work for the hotel, restaurant and related business sector)
- Spin Off Head Up of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- International Social Security Association (ISSA) (International leader in workplace safety)
- Bilateral Tourism Board of the province of Venice
- Bilateral Tertiary Board of the province of Venice
This partnership led to the drafting of a Collaboration Protocol for the safety of customers who, without any risks, can use all services available.
The Protocol focuses on the comparison between the Italian and the German guidelines on health and safety standards anti SARS-CoV-2 infection with a view to full trust and double protection for customers coming from German-speaking Countries who will see respected the same safety standards of their own Country. Tourism enterprises will be able, through the actions described in the Collaboration Protocol, to inform their customers that, in all the companies where this Protocol is adopted and effectively implemented, access to customers, workers and third parties involved (suppliers, maintenance companies, etc.) will be guaranteed in safe conditions.
A DEDICATED APP
It will also be possible to use, in hotels and shops, a dedicated app through which customers can daily verify compliance with health and safety guidelines.
The same app can be used in restaurants, cafes, etc, where the customer can constantly check, for example, the cleaning and sanitization processes carried out.
The Collaboration Protocol will describe, for each tourism and commercial enterprise, the actions that should be taken in order to protect workers’ and customers’ health. The actions are divided into six sections:
1) Basic guidelines
2) Organization of the activity
3) Social distancing
4) Hygiene measures
5) Protective measures
Specifically, the actions are as follows:
1) Application of the provisions of the anti-contagion protocol relating to each single activity or division
2) Operating methods in organizing the activities
3) Actions to be taken for social distancing (internal and external signals, safety distance between tables, counters, protection screens, spacers, …)
4) Cleaning and disinfection of surfaces, furnishings, equipment and correct hygiene practices
5) Adoption of personal protective equipment for staff and customers (respiratory protective screens, gloves, hand sanitizers, thermal scanners, …)
6) Information to guarantee social distancing, the measures of good hygiene practice and the means of protection to be adopted. Staff information and specific training for staff.
The partnership will also be applied by making available the reference figures indicated by the subjects involved in the Protocol.
The Protocol will be periodically monitored by the Partners indicated above, who will make available their reference specialists.
03 June 2020